Assistance For Life-Altering
Loss of a Loved One
The impact on surviving loved ones can be overwhelming no matter the cause of a wrongful death. The void that is felt by those who must continue on without the companionship, emotional stability and financial support of their loved one can be devastating to a family.
Though a lawsuit may not be a priority after the loss of a loved one, our Houston wrongful death lawyers can help ease the financial burden that is often left behind.
Losing a loved one is always painful, but especially tragic and senseless if someone else caused their suffering and yours.
A wrongful death claim, like a personal injury claim, is based on harm caused by the careless or reckless conduct of another party. A wrongful death can arise in many different situations, including:
A personal representative of the victim’s surviving family member’s may pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
HOW AN ATTORNEY CAN HELP
The Loss of A
No amount of financial compensation can replace loved one lost. However, recovering damages after such a loss can help ease the financial burden that often follows the premature death of a family member. Although the level of financial compensation that can be awarded is unique in every case, some of the most common forms of recoverable damages include:
- Compensation for the lost income the deceased would have provided
- Medical bills, funeral expenses, and other expenses associated with a death
- Loss of benefits such as insurance and retirement
- Mental anguish suffered by surviving family members
- A loss of emotional support and companionship
- Loss of care, protection and guidance a child or spouse would have received from the deceased
Our law firm places our clients’ interests above all else. We vow to represent you and your family with honesty, fairness and ethics and will use all of our strengths and resources to pursue a just result for you and your family.